Monday, April 11, 2016

VEGAN CHOCOLATE BERRY MOUSSE


It has been ages since I have done a recipe blog post. Now that our little man is sleeping so wonderfully I have more time to do things other than chores :P

We love avocados over here. It was one of Liam's first foods and thus we are buying a lot these days. Avocados tend to ripen fast so we end up having a few too many ripe ones circling our kitchen these days. Chocolate to the rescue!!!

This vegan chocolate berry mousse is super easy to make and has only 4 simple and super healthy ingredients. I did not create this recipe (link to original below). I had some yacon syrup lying around the house and did not know what to do with it so Google did a search for me. I bought this up-and-coming sweetener because I heard it was crazy good, with health benefits and a low impact on blood sugar levels. I saw it on sale (it is crazy expensive) and thought I would try it out.





INGREDIENTS
1 medium avocado
1/3 cup mixed berries (or berry of your choice)
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 1/2 tbsp yacon syrup

DIRECTIONS
1. Blend all ingredients in food processor.
2. Eat and enjoy!




You can read all about Yacon syrup here---- YACON SWEETENER


 

No comments:

Post a Comment