One of the great things about pumpkin carving is that you can make a delicious snack with the pumpkin seeds. After carving your pumpkins separate the seeds from the goop and use this great recipe to create your very own healthy, tasty and nutrient-rich snack. Feel free to play around with the ingredients and try different flavours.
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds
- sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or another oil of choice)
- cayenne pepper (or other spices)
1. Rinse and drain pumpkin seeds.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add seeds, turn to low and let the seeds simmer for 10 minutes. (This makes the digestion process easier)
3. Drain the seeds in a colander and pat the seeds dry with a cloth or paper towel.
4. In a bowl, mix the seeds with your oil of choice, sea salt and other spices if you choose. The amount of salt and spices is up to you.
5. Preheat the oven to 325F.
6. Spread the seeds onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 12 - 15 minutes.
7. Remove the seeds from the oven and stir. Place them back in the oven for about another 12 - 15 minutes.
8. Seeds are ready if they are crunchy on the outside.
Ready to dress
Ready for oven
Ready to eat! :D
Owl on a branch and Tough Murder :P
Proud of my owl :P